Apologies for the silence on this blog over the past few months. It was a long, cold winter, but as the spring buds came back to life, so did Edible Kent. We have our seeds started and are gearing up to plant in downtown Kent on June 7th. Will you join us?
We are in need of volunteers for our ground-breaking first plant as an organization and hope to see you there! Starting at 9 am, under the Haymaker Farmers' Market bridge, on Franklin Street, we are going to clear and plant two Adopt-a-spot beds. All in one day. Yes, you heard that right. :) In the meantime, please take a look at our wishlist for supplies to help make this one day goal possible:
- At least 10 volunteers
- Rototiller or garden tillers – If someone has a gas-powered one to bring, please let us know. We only need one gas-powered rototiller. If they aren’t automated, then we need about 3 people to bring manual ones.
• Nice markers (to fill out our adorable plant signs)
• A truck for dumping debris
• A wheel barrow
• Tarps or old trash cans for debris
• Broom to clean any mess off of sidewalks
We will meet under the Haymaker Farmers' Market bridge in downtown Kent, June 7th at 9 a.m.
As for what we'll be offering the Kent Community this year, there will be a variety of herbs, peppers, edible flowers, and plenty of beneficials to keep the bees and butterflies happy as they pollinate our organic produce.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you next week!